URGENT update: House Fire

IMG_0360.JPG

Last night, one of the staff duplex units, House of Malachi, caught fire and burned.

Around 4:00 in the morning, a teacher in the neighboring house woke suddenly and smelled smoke. She called the Site Manager to alert him that a brush fire might be getting close. When he went to investigate, he saw a fire through the window of Malachi.

No one was hurt. The staff who live in the house had not yet arrived and the two living on the other side of the duplex were evacuated quickly.  We thank God for His protection and quick wisdom for those involved.

The fire began from a propane leak in the kitchen. It spread from the fridge to the rest of the house. The local fire department was called and arrived shortly after. Together with our guards and Site Manager, they worked hard to contain the fire to one side. While they triumphed in this, all the possessions inside Malachi were lost; the opposite side suffered some smoke and water damage.

While we are shocked and saddened by the events of last night, we are not shaken. Our Cornerstone will not crumble. What the enemy intends for harm, God can turn for good. We are so thankful for the way He has already showed up. His protection was visible in promptings, quick actions, and clear thinking. Thank God for His provision.

Join us in praying for those immediately affected; that as they process, God grants comfort in their soul and reassurance that He is with them in the midst of it all.

Our physical loss is only material, but two missionary families have lost their home. We will keep you updated as we assess the structural damage, but it is likely we will need to rebuild the duplex.

Join us in taking back what the enemy has stolen. Help us rebuild and restore this home. We have immediate needs as we prepare for the returning staff, and future needs as we rebuild.

ā€œIn this world, you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.ā€ -John 16:33

 
IMG_0370.JPG