What an exciting day! We felt so blessed by God’s goodness and His perfect timing! We opened the container yesterday morning and, believe it or not, had it emptied by noon! It was amazing watching everyone work together to unload. We had a team of Zambians helping us and a flat-bed truck (which they call “canters” here) that we would fill up and they would deliver to the library, clinic, and classrooms. It was so fun to unload all of the things we packed so long ago…the kids were ecstatic to get their bikes off and began riding them immediately! It was also so amazing to see all the school supplies! Tables, chairs, shelves, blocks, crayons, curriculum…it was like Christmas! Current prayer needs:
- For the faculty and staff at school, Zambian and North American, to forge strong, God-glorifying, mutually rewarding relationships that meld together to provide students with the highest caliber of education possible.
- For students to quickly embrace, with their whole hearts and minds, their new classroom experience and the daily opportunities set before them.
- For the strong relationships already developed between faculty and staff at the school and the residents of Nangwenya village to continue to grow and be mutually affirming.
- For parents and caregivers of students to “own” their responsibility to help make the school successful by volunteering 15 hours of time each month to the daily tasks of operating the school.
- For the faculty and staff and their families to continue to see God going before them, providing for all they need each day. To God be the glory!
Current financial needs:
- $900 to build a storage room for the well pump and the generator needed to power it.
- $3,000 to complete the soccer field for the school.
- $400 to buy laying hens to begin to provide eggs for the lunch program at the school
- $9 per brick for the Grade One Classroom. A total of 7,000 bricks needed.
- $600 to sponsor a student at the school for a full year. Includes, daily breakfast and lunch, uniform, shoes, backpack, and all school supplies and curriculum. 30 sponsorships still needed.